Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome back to humidity!!

     Whew!! What a trip. The family and I had a lot of fun on our trip to the Smokey Mountains. The kids got a chance to forget about school and home life and just relax as did Don and I. We got a ton of sight seeing done and a few really good dinners too. The highlight had to be the helicopter ride over the Smokey Mountains, what a beautiful view!
     The kids came home with report cards today and all made excellent grades. Keep up the great work girls! Paige has also been asked to draw the cover of her schools yearbook, what an honor!!
     Coming back to Florida really stinks! I have accepted that I'm OVER being in Florida. I don't hate Florida, per say, but strongly do not like it. Don't get me wrong. The weather was cool for the first year but I miss the seasons. I want a real fall and winter! I have so many great memories as a child bundling up to go play outside after Thanksgiving with the family, going to the lake during the summer, hitting the bike trails in the spring and hoping it may snow for x-mas. Here it's just warm and muggy. Every now and again it'll get cool for a bit but with the humidity it never feels like fall. WELCOME back to FLORIDA..UgGhH!!
     *on a side note*
Just so everyone is clear, there is not real "theme" to this blog. it's jsut me and what's going on almost like a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment