Friday, October 8, 2010

UGH 5 more weeks....

   
Ok I have to get this off my chest. So follow me for a second. Funny how when you think you know someone then they show a new side that is so ugly!! Why do they allow themselves to fall victim to their own vices? I'm not one to preach in any way but, c’mon there comes a time when some people need a wake up and call!

     I feel much better! I'm a week out of surgery today for my ankle Wahoo, only 5 more weeks in the cast. It's been a lot harder to sit in the house and not do the things I need to get done and want to do. Even putting the laundry in the washer and dryer is a chore. Imagine, me hobbling my way into the small laundry room and leaning over to get the dirty laundry, while leaning on the crutches to sort them. Putting crutches down and leaning on the washer to start and put soap in. My left Quad and Hamstring are BURNING at this point. Quickly lean over and grab the clothes and put them in. Whew!! So what should take 30 seconds takes me about 2 mins, 2 mins on ONE leg. I'm going to have one awesome leg with all the squatting and hopping LOL.

     There is a bright side. Saturday is MNO (moms’ night out). I have some amazing friends who are kind enough to pick me up and bring me home. I need a beer preferably one that is ice cold with Blue Mountains please :)    I haven't seen some of these ladies in awhile so I'm excited to get out for awhile. Now what to wear with pink crutches with skulls and a black cast? hmmm decisions decisions........

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there mama! If I was there I would def. help! Enjoy mno you need it! Someone hand her a beer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your mothers night out, since you most def. deserve it right now!!! The crutches and cast will not last forever and by the time your done with the your going to be a pro!!!!!
    Enjoy a beer for me!!!

    ReplyDelete