Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where does the time go?

Since my last blog I’ve gotten the ability to put weight on my ankle and start walking and driving!! WAHOO!! But owie…. My ankle is swelling but it’s to be expected for a few months. I’m just happy to be able to get up and go if I want or need and not having to rely so much on others.
Thanksgiving is next week and I just made plans with our neighbor and friends around the block from us. We’ll have over 15 people there! Good thing we’re all cooking a TON of food. I’m thankful for my health and having served to be able to have the surgery done. It goes without saying (which shouldn’t be the case) but I’m also thankful for the family and friends that I have in my life, though we may not always talk on a daily basis. I’ve had a few friends pop out of the wood work and give me a call. It was nice to hear from them J to feel thought about enough to have someone, out of the blue, call you!
The girls are all doing well in school and are looking forward to the days they have out for the holiday.
This year I have a buddy to go with me on black Friday, to wake up super early and try to beat the crowds. I was trying to be sneaky and thinking about venturing out of the city to a smaller but still “big town”, maybe there aren’t as many shoppers in those towns… We’ll see. I want to have all my holiday shopping completed by the end of November.
I can’t believe how fast this year has flown by. It just seems like it was this time last year! So after shopping all day the day after turkey day I’ll get the tree up and hopefully have all the gifts ready to go under. Amazing how when Halloween sneaks up the stores push you straight to Thanksgiving a week before Halloween and then before Thanksgiving we’re given the countdown for Christmas!!! We wonder why Americans are always in a rush! GESH, so take a few minutes each day and take in the moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment